Discover my Travel

Explore every corner, dance every day,
live life with passion!

AddThis

| | | More

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Radium Hot Springs

Though I had planned for an early start I just didn’t get going, and as it turned out didn’t really matter as still achieved all I had planned for walks and hot spring! After breakfast walked down the road into Radium town and along the Sinclair River. A lovely walk across small bridges and path that weaves its way to and from the river. Then back up past the Hostel to the start of the Kootenay National Park and the trail down into the Sinclair Canyon. The walk crosses the river and you get a glimpse of a waterfall between narrow and high rock cliffs. Always conscious of potential wildlife sightings particularly as I made my way up out of the canyon high above the road below. Though luckily, or unfortunately, I didn’t see more than a squirrel.

The Radium Hot Springs is situated across the road from the end of the Sinclair Canyon trail. So in the afternoon I spent the hours below the tall cliffs between the hot pool, cool pool (still a mild 31 degrees!) and spa. The springs are situated right next to the road so there is traffic noise to contend with, though generally I was relaxed enough not to worry.

In the late afternoon/early evening I walked back down the road to get top views of the waterfall on the Sinclair River. I then ventured back down into the Canyon and walked along the river toward the campground. I never found the continuing path back up the same side of the canyon so took the road around. Though got to sit on a swing in the Campground's Playground and watch squirrels play! I had dinner and a couple glasses of wine, just to relax after the strenuous day :), at the pub before heading back to the hostel, passing a must see house on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger