Discover my Travel

Explore every corner, dance every day,
live life with passion!

AddThis

| | | More

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

2009 - A new year and new adventures

So yes I'm starting from the top, it will be interesting to read my thoughts after so long. Yes I have been keeping a journal of daily activities and thoughts. So where better to start my entries than New Years Eve 2008 (sounds so long ago doesn't it!)

Spent the night with my parents as invited guests to a private function at the top of the toaster (building next to the Opera House). The function was for supporters and friends of the Spastic Organisation. We got the invites through Mum's friend Kerry Doyle (aka Miss Aust. - I won't embarrass her further by adding dates). The venue used to be a restaurant and is now empty - hard to imagine that a restaurant with these views couldn't survive. Though worked out great for us celebrating NYE 2008. Anyway with Tiara's a plenty, last cheer before midnight, and the view was magnificent as we saw in the NY on Sydney Harbour.


The fireworks were fabulous (and didn't have to fight crowds for front row views!!). It was actually quite amazing to see, from above, how many people were crowded into Circular Quay and the Botanic Gardens. I didn't have to queue for the bathroom once!! With some important messages shining on the bridge, we were soon 1 second away from the NY kick off!! 1 second to go and the start of a whole new adventure.

New Day, and a New Year!! Woke somewhat late, making it home sometime after lunch. Possibly would have been a little earlier if hadn't been for a few delays and detours en route. None the less it was interesting!!

So here I am at the start of a year with no (unless required due to increasing expenses) employment and not much else planned than to travel the world. With the next 6 months 'outlined', and sure to disappear quickly due to the amount to be seen and achieved - the next chapter of my life, and the excitement that the experience will surely bring, I will be setting off. Let the journey begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger