Discover my Travel

Explore every corner, dance every day,
live life with passion!

AddThis

| | | More

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The best of NZ

As with the end of any trip or holiday, always the question arises - 'so what was the best part'.
Common response - 'so many wonderful memories, it's too difficult to find a singular place, time or event'.
I've never liked playing favourites!

Read on to view my video, or is a small version on side panel :)




Many people say that the south island is better, prettier. And well yes its a larger island so guess that lends itself to a little more diversity. Admittedly with some huge mountains, beautiful lakes, rivers and coastlines, and off the beaten track walking trails, provide great adventure and opportunity within easy distance of some major towns. I will certainly go back to do a glacier hike, explore more of the Milford and Doubtful Sounds area and travel across the south of the island to the Catlins.
Whilst the North Island may be smaller I would definitely go back to hike around the Tongariro National Park area, and further north to visit the Coromandels and Bay of Islands again and in more depth.

OK so I think I may be starting to give away my preference for scenic natural beauty. Whilst the exquisite ability and creativity of people to capture life, point-of-view and the human spirit within architecture and art, nature still can't easily be replicated or emulated. In a constant state of flux, you could return to the same place and never see the same thing twice, perhaps this is my natural draw toward the performing arts and particularly dance - movement, the first an only thing that makes us alive. Breath = movement and thus is life, ever changing, ever creative.

Forgive my moment. So yes, the best parts of New Zealand are definitely the myriad of outdoors activities. Whilst my travels undertook a few outdoor adventures, there is much more to explore and ultimately depends whether you want to fly, ski, swim or stroll. Oh, for all those that come from the Northern Hemisphere to experience the 'summer', it can get cold. New Zealand is still a long way south of the equator.

Not sure if I answered the question. All I can say is ...
Get outdoors, take a look and explore it all in whatever way you desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger